MAP Policy 2015
Royal Riding, a ROR Brands group, has instituted and enforces a policy of minimum advertised price standards for Royal Riding products. This Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (“MAP Policy”) applies to all distributors and retailers, including catalogs and internet retailers (collectively, “Resellers”), who resell Royal Riding products to end users.
Royal Riding greatly values the efforts our Resellers to distribute Royal Riding products and support our customers. This MAP Policy shall work under the following guidelines:
- Royal Riding will, from time to time, publish a Schedule of Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (“MSRP Schedule”) on its website, which may be amended or adjusted by Royal Riding at any time at its sole discretion. The MSRP Schedule will identify the effective date, the products, and the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (“MRSP”) for those products. Each advertisement of a product identified in the MSRP Schedule below the MSRP will be a violation of this MAP Policy. Royal Riding products not specifically identified in the MSRP Schedule are not subject to this MAP Policy. The initial MSRP Schedule is enclosed below.
- This MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of Royal Riding products listed on the MSRP Schedule in any and all media, including, but not limited to: flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, e-mail newsletters, e-mail solicitations, internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage. This MAP Policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not distributed to any customer(s).
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by Royal Riding or another manufacturer) with a product covered by this MAP Policy would be contrary to this MAP Policy.
- If pricing is displayed, any strike-through or other alteration of the MSRP that is paired with a discount price below the MSRP is prohibited.
- This MAP Policy applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which Royal Riding products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within Resellers’ secure, not public retail location or over the telephone. Reseller remains free to sell these products at any prices they choose if there is no advertised price below MSRP.
- This MAP Policy does not establish maximum advertised prices. All Resellers may offer Royal Riding products at any price in excess of the MSRP.
- Internet auctions may not display or have reserved bid or other acceptable prices below the MSRP.
- Pricing listed on an internet site is considered an “advertised price” and must adhere to this MAP Policy. Once the pricing is associated with an intent to purchase (added to shopping cart or order), the price becomes the selling price and is not bound by this MAP Policy. Statements such as “add to basket to see price”, “we will match any price”, “call for price” or phrases of similar import are acceptable as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not below the MSRP. Discounts applied at checkout to the entire order based on a customer’s purchasing history with the Reseller, such as discounts for “frequent shoppers”, do not violate this MAP Policy. For the avoidance of doubt, the internet Reseller remains free to sell products at any prices they choose.
- This MAP Policy is solely within Royal Riding’s discretion and authority acting through the duly authorized managers of Royal Riding. No employee or sales representative of Royal Riding has any authority to discuss, modify, or grant exceptions to this MAP Policy. Any representation or action by any employee, sales representative, or persons not specifically authorized to discuss, modify or grant exceptions to this MAP Policy under this paragraph is unauthorized and invalid.
- All questions about this MAP Policy should be in writing and directed via U.S. Mail to MAP Policy Administrator, Royal Riding, at 3034 Kilson, Santa Ana, CA 92707 or via e-mail to email@example.com will respond only in writing. No oral communications about this MAP Policy are authorized. The MAP Policy Administrator shall be solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the policy has occurred, communicating decisions to Resellers regarding the policy and receiving any communications regarding sanctions imposed under this MAP Policy. Any action taken by Royal Riding under this MAP Policy shall be without liability to Royal Riding.
- From time to time, Royal Riding may choose to offer special promotions on certain products. In such an event, we reserve the right to modify or suspend this MAP Policy in whole or in part by notifying all Resellers of the duration and nature of the change. Royal Riding further reserves the right to adjust the MSRP with respect to all or certain products at its sole discretion. Such changes shall apply equally to all Resellers.
- Intentional and/or repeated failure to abide by this MAP Policy will result in sanctions unilaterally imposed by Royal Riding. The level of sanctions will be determined by Royal Riding at its sole discretion and may include indefinite termination of dealership or distributorship, cancellation of orders, and/or refusal to accept new orders. Royal Riding does not intend to do business with Resellers who degrade the image of Royal Riding and its products. Royal Riding need not provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this MAP Policy.
- Distributors of Royal Riding products will supply a copy of this MAP Policy to any new or existing Reseller for their records, and will also update resellers of any revisions or updates to the MAP policy accordingly.